July 18, 2010

22



As with last year, this year's birthday also falls during my internship stint, where many of my friends are interning as well. Being in the same position as them, I know exactly how it feels to be mentally exhausted after work. In fact, I must admit I sulked a lil over how I had to push myself to go out every night for celebrations even though I am tired, just because this internship has robbed away all my day time.

Yet for the same reason, I felt so much love from my friends, because I know they had specially taken their time off their precious after-working hours just to celebrate my birthday with me. These dinner celebrations, though simple, have certainly warmed my heart. I could see all their efforts from how they chose japanese cuisine over others and how they have tried to make the dinners less like a meet up or gathering even though I really don't mind at all. And my colleagues whom I knew for less than 3 months but still made me feel special and treated me like their little sister. All the smses, facebook wishes… I will remember. And the presents which coincidentally were all gotten for my overseas exchange, I will certainly fully utilize it! Thank you each and every one who made my 22 such a heartfelt one! :)

No comments: