December 31, 2009

Goodbye 2009

*credit to source

Looking back 2009 in retrospect, it almost seemed like 2009 was a rather forgettable year, despite an entire year of 21st birthday parties and celebrations. Of course, I am still thankful for the people who are still in my life, people who recently entered my life and made the year more bearable, and certain events which made me learn and grow. Yet, there was just something inside me that wanted more- something else and something different.

Since it was the year that marked my independence as well as my route to adulthood and responsibility, I would say I did set out to make 2009 a positive bang. I don't want to be just a common face. I tried to improve, change, give myself pep talks, but sadly it wasn't any different. I should know by now that with expectations come disappointments and some things are perhaps simply beyond my control. However, like what a friend said, as we grow older, years just keep rolling and we cannot segment them anymore. We shouldn't keep ourselves on our toes all the time and try to accomplish everything within a year's span. So come 2010, I am going to quit setting resolutions and pray only for a better year. It's going to be an important and exciting year for me, and I know it. :)

Happy new year everyone, have a blessed year ahead!

No comments: