May 23, 2009

*credit to source

First week of internship went fine. So far, so good.

As bizarre as it sounds, work's tiring even though all I did this week was being introduced to the operations of the department and had some trainings. I guess the first takeaway from the internship would be to have a healthy lifestyle again - sleep before midnight and have my meals on time! Hawker food around the area is really good.

It's a small world indeed, everyone's practically either first degree or second degree friends in some way or another. On top of our common friends, majority of the interns are girls, hence we're pretty much on a comfortable level. That's a good start to working together and experiencing the same shit for 10 weeks :) Something interesting: for the first two days I hung out with the NUS girls, and when I finally initiated a conversation with the SMU girls, the NUS girls actually asked whether I did an exchange in SMU before, because I sounded so familiar with the happenings of SMU. And the confusion didn't end there! When i told them I'm indeed from SMU, they let out shocked and puzzled faces because they were certain they "saw me in lectures". as much as I hate to think I have a common face, I shall think of it as the ability of fit into different groups ^^;

I just wished I could be assigned to more demanding assignments. Afterall, everyone wants to make the best out of their internships.

1 down, 9 more to go!

No comments: