September 19, 2010

✈ Vienna

Oktoberfest.

I guess this would have to be the first disappointment of my Europe reverie.

I was really looking forward to my next trip after Italy, having decided that in conjunction with Oktoberfest, we will be heading over to Munich for a real beer fest, followed by Füssen and Vienna. Alas, with an unforgiving timetable and minimum 80% attendance requirement, I have no choice but to skip Germany altogether, only being able to make it for Vienna over the weekend. Disappointment #1.

If all was not bad enough, we had no idea that there was no bus service on Sundays, which was our only mode of transport to Castellanza train station on a Sunday. Disappointment #2. With our heavy backpacks weighing on our backs, we trotted slowly to the train station, each step weighing heavier. When we finally board the overnight sleeper train from Milano Centrale railway station, we were exhausted.

Little did I know that I had forgotten to bring my DSLR's lens and forgot to charge my point-and-shoot camera as well, so there will be NO capturing of stills, only fleeting memories in my absent-minded brain. Not even for our short stay in Vienna. :'( Disappointment #3.

3 disappointments. 1 heart to take it all.

I will be back again, will I?

No comments: